Post-doc researcher: machine learning for protein design
We are hiring a postdoc to work on the interface between AI and computational protein design. The project will be carried out at EPFL in collaboration with Bruno Correia, Michael Bronstein, Pierre Vandergheynst, and the Swiss Data Science Center.
We offer a 2-year position in EPFL, a vibrant university located in one of the most beautiful countries. The salary is very attractive.
The researcher will partake in an interdisciplinary effort to design novel proteins using tools from deep learning. Relevant work from our team: https://tinyurl.com/1stzxmkj
Candidate’s profile. The ideal candidate combines
- practical deep learning know-how (mainly pytorch),
- past publications on top machine learning venues (e.g., ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, …)
- Knowledge of biology is not required–but a willingness to learn is.
The following are considered a plus:
- experience with generative models and/or reinforcement learning.
- experience with invariant and equivariant models (graph neural networks, neural networks for sets, …)
We are also open to applications from computational biologists with good knowledge of python and deep learning.
To apply. If you are interested, send me a.s.a.p. by email:
- a motivation letter explaining how your expertise fits the current position,
- your CV,
- the names and addresses of three references,
- three selected publications.